Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Road Block

In case anyone has noticed, I am having a little trouble putting thoughts down on keyboard here in blogland. I am working on several things including a Robert Mitchum piece as part of an on-going series on movie Tough Guys {much like my Crush of the Week has been}, a Billy Wilder thing-a-ma-jig, some articles on my favorite character actors {Peter Lorre, George Sanders, etc;}and a couple of other things I have been juggling but can't quite seem to finish {in some cases, even start}.
Mitchum seems unimpressed with my road block issues.
Call it lack of motivation, call it laziness, call it life getting in the way, or call it any damn thing you please. One of my goals for 2013 was to be more productive on this thing, this blog that has given me so much satisfaction these {almost} 2 years. In fact, in May it will be 2 years and I would like to cook up something special, but creativity is at an all-time low at the present. Any suggestions would be helpful. I would measure them with a grain of salt. Even as I write this ideas are leaving my brain and moving on to other body parts.So I will close this brief post with one of my inspirations:Oscar Levant. Levant is one of several legends I have yet to touch on. His sharp, witty mind {like razor blades}, his talent as an actor, concert pianist, talk show host and self destructive behavior seems like a perfect fit for my jagged sensibility.
I was never voted anything, but the second quote seems apt.
Adios for now. I hope to return soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment